"I have always enjoyed figurative drawing, painting the figure has been an amazing journey ... a whole new experience. I will continue to focus on figurative painting; working to improve my technique so that I speak clearly, and simply capture moments of beauty, thought, and unity. I hope to leave behind paintings that embody this present moment worthy of study".
My work is about moments that transport us beyond every day life. Expressions of con-templation, undisturbed and hidden, that share our common experiences.
Life drawing is where I found my love for the human form. Oil painting is where I discovered my passion for expressing moments of thought and beauty. There is no other medium so well suited for capturing emotion and inspiration than oil on linen.
Technically, my pallet is simple. Somewhere along the way I discover-ed Thalo Blue for shading. This is what gives my work it's noted cooler appearance. I put more detail into my shadows than traditional figurative teaching recommends. In my opinion this adds a dimension of depth that has been overlooked. I work on Beglium linen, birch panels and occasionally copper.
I've always steered my subject matter towards timelessness.
Great paintings should lift us out of everyday life and bring consolation.
If my work has inspired you, I am grateful.
Jacquelyn Bischak –b. 1961 Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelor of Fine Art –Eastern Michigan University
* 2011 "Finalist" Raymar, Juror –Scott Christensen * 2011 "Best of Show" June Raymar,, Juror –Aaron Westerberg * 2010 "Driehaus Award -Midwestern Artist", Driehaus Foundation, Chicago, IL * 2010 "Top 10" FineArtViews National Competition Juror –Nancy Guzik * 2010 "Finalist" RayMar Fine Art's Competition " Juror –Clint Watson * 2009 "Top 10" FineArtViews National Competition Juror –Jeremy Lipking * 2009 "Finalist" Michigan Portrait Invitational Juror –Carl Samson * 2006 "Peoples Choice Award" Dennos Museum Juried Fine Art Exhibit
* 2012 Solo Exhibition, Santa Fe
S.R. Brennen Gallery's, Santa Fe, NM
* 2012 LA Fine Art Show
S.R. Brennen Gallery's, Palm Desert, Santa Fe, Scottsdale
* 2011 Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale AZ
* 2011 Traditional Impression
The Legacy Gallery, AZ February 17th 2011
* 2011 American Landscapes
Watts Fine Art Gallery, IN February 4th 2011
* 2010 Great American Figurative Artist Exhibition
Waterhouse Gallery, Santa Barbara, CA November 20th, 2010
* 2010 Scottsdale Drawing Exhibition
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale AZ October 14, 2010
* 2010 Art of the New West
Watts Fine Art Gallery, Zionsville IN
* 2010 OPA 19th National Exhibition
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale AZ April 30 - May 31
* 2010 Traditional Artist Focus
Jacquelyn Bischak, Daniel Gerhartz & Jeff Legg
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ - March 4th - 14th
* 2010 International Guild of Realism 2010 Juried Exhibition
J. Willot Gallery, Palm Desert, California - February - March
* 2009 Great American Figurative Artist Exhibition
Waterhouse Gallery, Santa Barbara, CA - November 21st
* 2009 Holiday Small Works Show
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ - Thursday, December 3rd
* 2009 Legacy Fall Open House
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ - October
* 2009 Michigan Juried Portrait Invitational
Hillsdale College presents a unique exhibition showcasing the
best of portraits in the State of Michigan. Works will be juried by
Carl J. Samson former president of American Society of Portrait Artist.
* 2009 Artist's Introductory Opening
Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ, - February 26th
* 2008 Holiday Small Works Show
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ - December 14th
* 2008 The Legacy Gallery's 20th Anniversary
The Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ - October 18th
* 2007 OPA National Juried Exhibition
Whistle Pik Gallery, Fredericksburg, Texas
* 2008 OPA National Juried Exhibition
Dana Gallery, Missoula, Montana
* 2007 Dennos Museum's N.W. Regional Fine Art Competition
Dennos Museum, Traverse City, Michigan
Reviews of Artist Work
Self Portrait by Jacquelyn Bischak Oil on linen panel ~ 16 x 11.5
"Self Portrait" 16 x 11.5 Oil on Linen Panel
Raymar Art Painting Competition 2010-2011 5th Annual
"I loved the fact that the woman's expression carries a lot of thought. Placing the head facing out is a difficult composition. The dark and hard edge going out the bottom left balanced the entire piece. Great painting!"
Best of show -June RayMar 2011 -
"This painting blew me away. What can I say - very unconventional, powerful and brave design.
I love the rendering of the flesh tones and the hair everything is done well and nothing is overstated.
She is looking into the future with strength and determination while still having so much beauty, grace and femininity .... it's a stunner. Bravo! I would hang on to this one Jacquelyn."
Reverie by Jacquelyn Bischak Oil on linen panel ~ 20 x 24 "Reverie" 22x24 Oil on Linen Panel
OPA -Dorothy Driehaus Award for 2010 Midwestern Artist
"Jacquelyn's dramatic rise has placed her with an impressive group of artists having recently exhibited in a three person show at Legacy Gallery with Masters Jeff Legg and Dan Gerhartz."
Finalist 2009 BoldBrush National Competition
"With superb drawing, edges and value, Jacquelyn creates a sensitivity that stops time."
Detail - "Orchard deGlehn"
Upcoming Events and Exhibits
Other Web Pages that Jacquelyn Bischak Recommends you visit
(These pages are not necessarily about Jacquelyn Bischak)