Dina Jadallah-Taschler is a full-time, self-taught artist. In 1987, she attended Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., where she earned a Bachelor's degree in political science and a Master's degree in Arab studies. She then attended the University of Chicago for a Ph.D. in political science and completed everything but the doctoral dissertation.
Moving west led to the fortuitous discovery of a whole new world of art that derives its inspiration from the western landscape, light and indigenous architecture. It changed her career path for good. Painting allows her to visually narrate and creatively share the beauty of the West and Southwest. She lives in Newport Beach with her husband and German Shorthaired Pointer.
Dina paints both en plein air and in the studio. She is a member of the Southern California Plein Air Painters Association (SOCALPAPA) and American Women Artists.
She is an award winning artist who has participated in many juried exhibitions, including:
* Celebration at K.D. Moore Gallery in Evergreen, CO (2005)
* Central Coast National Fine Art Competition in Morro Bay, CA (2005 & 2006)
* Lines into Shapes Competition at the Art Center of Estes Park, CO (2006)
* Juried Show 2006, 2007 at Assunta Fox Art Gallery in Santa Ana, CA
* Showcase Gallery of the Orange County Fine Arts (2006-7)
* American Juried Art Salon Winter/Fall Exhibition (2007)
* Ninth Annual Exhibition at Upstream People Gallery in Omaha, NE (2007)
* Art in the Park in Corona del Mar (2008)
* SOCALPAPA Paints the Back Bay (2008)
Upcoming Events and Exhibits
Other Web Pages that Dina Taschler Recommends you visit
(These pages are not necessarily about Dina Taschler)